LIAISEoffspring: LIAISE Early Career Scientists Support Forum
LIAISE unites outstanding IA researchers. One aim of the LIAISE project is to further stabilise the existing IA research community and to extend it to new scientific circles. Early career researchers (Ph.D. candidates, post-docs, pre-docs, master students) will effectively contribute to reaching this objective. Therefore, an early career scientists support forum will be established - called LIAISEoffspring - to involve all interested early career scientists who work on impact assessment.
LIAISEoffspring activities and offers are open to both LIAISE and non-LIAISE early career researchers - you are cordially invited to join the network! In this way, early career scientists could get support for developing their academic career mainly by three means:
Stay informed on IA related topics and news!
- At the LIAISE website you find information on events, trainings, jobs, funding opportunities etc. that are particularly suitable for early-career researchers - these are tagged with the keyword "Offspring". - The LIAISE IA Bulletin also highlights those items that are particularly interesting for young researchers.
Exchange and learn from others!
LIAISE provides support for early career researchers in different respects, in particular with regard to
- Facilitating research exchange with LIAISE institutions,
- Facilitating joint dissemination through participation at relevant conferences,
- Building capacity through LIAISE trainings for early carreer researchers.
Present your research and expertise!
- Early career researchers may upload abstracts of their research (e.g. Master theses, Ph.D. theses, both concluded or current) to the LIAISEoffspring research section
- Early career researchers may also upload their personal and contact information to the expert data base as part of the LIAISE Toolbox (this feature will be available in early 2013)
In order to upload information regarding your research, you need to register to the website first:
- Go at www.liaise-noe.eu/user/register;
- Wait for your profile activation (you will receive an e-mail);
How to upload research information:
- Log-in and go at www.liaise-noe.eu/node/add/offspring and fill-in the fields. Your updated contents will always be visible at the link “Accessible content” (left hand side menu);
- IMPORTANT: after filling-in the relevant fields, click on the label “workflow”, select “published” and click the “submit” button. Your contents will then be approved by the website administrator.
ZALF (Katharina Helming/ Aranka Podhora, Aranka.Podhora@zalf.de), FEEM Jacopo Crimi (email@example.com) and FUB Johanna Ferretti firstname.lastname@example.org act as facilitators for LIAISEoffspring. Please, do not hesitate to contact us for further questions or comments.