11th Conference of the EIA Association in the German Speaking Countries
The EIA Association in the German speaking countries (UVP-Gesellschaft) holds its 11th biennual conference in Dresden. The conference focuses on participatory processes in planning and assessment processes and includes e.g. expert workshops and panels on perspectives of EIA research, bioenergy and human health. Further, a theme forum on "Sustainability Impact Assessment" will take place on Friday morning with the following presentations and discussions:
- Introduction: State of the art - Sustainability Impact Assessment – Aranka Podhora, Leibniz-Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) e.V. / UVP-Gesellschaft e.V.
- Sustainability Impact Assessment in Germany - legal framework and cases – Axel Piesker, German Research Institute for Public Administration (GRIP) (Deutsches Forschungsinstitut für öffentliche Verwaltung Speyer FÖV)
- Practical example - the state of Baden-Württemberg – Michaela Preuß, Ministry of the Environment, Climate Protection and the Energy Sector (Ministerium für Umwelt, Klima und Energiewirtschaft Baden-Württemberg)
- Impact Assessment of policies - A tool for climate impact assessment on the national level – Johanna Ferretti, Freie Universität Berlin/ Environmental Policy Research Centre (FFU)
- Panel and audience discussion
The forum is organized by LIAISE researchers Johanna Ferretti (Freie Universität Berlin) and Aranka Podhora (ZALF) who lead the working group Sustainability Impact Assessment in the UVP-Gesellschaft. The conference language is German (no translation).
Please, see the conference flyer and the homepage for further information.