Chinese-German Centre for Impact Assessment (CGCIA)
The Chinese-German Centre for Impact Assessment (CGCIA) is a joint partnership between the Leibniz-Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) of Germany and the Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research (IGSNRR) of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Founded in 2010, the CGCIA focuses on impact assessment of multifunctional land uses so as to improve the understanding on the functions of land use and its impact. The Centre has frequent meetings in Germany and China for scientific exchange.
In specific, the Centre focuses on five key objectives:
- To develop collaborative research programs on land use and impact assessment;
- To identify potential sponsorship for joint research programs;
- To promote using new techniques and dissemination of research results through joint publications, international symposium, etc.;
- To enhance institutional capacity building for sustainable management of land resources and ecosystems through academic exchanges, training and visiting.
- To develop and conduct joint taught modules on impact assessment for master and PhD students