Post-Doc in Agricultural/Rural Studies at the IAMO China Center
The Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO) is currently calling for applications for a position as Post-doc researcher at the IAMO China Center.
The IAMO China Center does research in cooperation with foreign partners (in particular China) on issues of agricultural and rural development, the food industry and food consumption in China.
The successful candidate will mainly conduct economic research on topics related to these fields, especially in one of the following areas with respect to China:
- Socioeconomic rural development including health, education and environmental issues
- Agricultural production, processing of agricultural and food products, as well as agricultural and food markets
- Consumer studies, particularly related to food
Required qualifications and experience
- PhD in general economics, agricultural or food economics, or social sciences
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of econometric and statistical methods
- Recognized expertise and publications in the research areas specified above
- Ability to conduct research independently as well as in teams
- Ability to raise external research funding
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Experience in research on China is regarded an asset